Tuesday 28 April 2015

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation | FULL REVIEW


It looks like a lot of foundations/BB creams to have. I can assure you I've seen worst lol. My skin feels different every day so I always switch up what I use. I'm quite lucky that I can do this. I know a few people can break out if they change their foundation.

The first foundation I've decided to review is the Estee Lauder Double-wear Foundation. This is a hit or miss product. You will find so many mixed reviews on this foundation because every one has their personal preferences and most importantly every one has a different skin type.

My skin type is Combination. I'm dehydrated around my cheeks with dry patches around my nose and chin. Further into the day I produce oil mainly on my forehead, nothing too severe though. 

If you have similar skin type to me this would be a helpful review for you. It seems like a long review but when your spending money on a high end foundation. I'm sure you want to know as much information as possible.


Estee Lauder Double Wear, NZ RRP $69

The double wear foundation is so popular for many reasons. It looks flawless! It provides medium to full coverage with a natural matte finish. Has a low SPF factor of 10, for those who want it to photograph well. Other wise it won't be so great for those who want a good amount of sun protection. There are face primers that contain a much higher SPF (mac prep n prime SPF 50) that you can apply before hand so you get the best of both worlds. 

Packaging:

One word to describe the packaging is "Solid". It feels like an unbreakable solid glass. I could imagine it chipping if you were unlucky and dropped it. I doubt it would smash open though (touch wood it doesnt happen to me lol)

Recommended for:

This foundation is perfected for normal-oily skin so I would highly recommend you try it if that's your skin type. Now this is when things get confusing, I have combination skin. I'm very dehydrated around my cheeks with dry patches around my nose and chin. Further into the day I produce oil mainly on my forehead, nothing too severe though. 

Longevity: 

Double wear is the perfect way to describe this foundation. Its such a long wearing foundation which is why its my "go to" night out foundation. 8-10 hours for me and it still looks amazing. 

Day time use:

In the day time this foundation does not sit well with my dry/dehydrated skin. It enhances the dry areas on my face and makes my skin look tired. If I indulge my skin with serums the night before and really moisturize in the morning. I can get away with wearing this but I prefer just to wear the Double wear BB cream.

Why I love this Foundation:

Although this isn't my ideal foundation for the day, I love wearing it at night. If I'm going out clubbing I always wear a heavier foundation. I do love a dewy finish but lets be realistic we're going to sweat it off if we're going to the clubs. We don't even have to dance! most clubs have poor to no air conditioning lol. 

This foundation sits better on my skin at night. Because I'm so active and around a lot of people, I produce a lot more oil than I do in the day time. I don't get severely oily but its enough to stop my skin from looking dry.

Just remember if you already have oily skin, this foundation will help control it.

I love it! It really makes my skin look flawless and its super long wearing as well. I can dance the night away and it still remains on my face. I would 110% recommend you take this off before you go to bed. If I don't my skin hates me and 99.99% of the time I wake up with break outs.

How I remove Double wear:

This foundation is stubborn! I use Extra virgin light Olive oil (cheaper option) and I massage that all over my face breaking up the foundation. I soak a flannel/face towel in super hot water, squeeze it out and wipe it all off. The heat from the face towel will remove the makeup/oil much better than using a cold face wipe. Once I've done that, I go in with my gentle face cleanser to remove the oil residue. Lastly you want to moisturize and for me that's essential, I really hate waking up with dry skin after a night out. Drink 1-2 cups of water or a 1L bottle if your super woman then boom you can finally go to sleep!

Best way to apply:

I've used all different brushes. (Kabuki, paddle, duo fiber etc) I find the best way to apply this is with a dampened beauty blender sponge. I would recommend buying the original beauty blender, its worth it!

My Shade:

MAC foundation I wear a combination of NW25, NC35 and NC37. Estee Lauder double wear foundation I wear Tawny and Wheat.





SHARE:

No comments

© makeup with jah. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig