Thursday 30 April 2015

My First Colour Pop Haul + Swatches


Why hadn't I purchased these earlier?  Color Pop is the current hype in the Makeup world. Its all over facebook, instagram and youtube!  I thought it was about time, that I ordered my own. These are so affordable and I really needed new eye shadows for myself and my freelance makeup kit.  I ordered the most popular shades and a few fun shades to play with.  I started off by ordering 17 shades. There are so many more shades to choose from. Color pop also have blushers, lipsticks and pre-made sets. 

These are the shades I purchased and their names. (the 17th shade was just a matte black, which I didn't show in this picture)


Here are swatches and colour descriptions. In order starting from the top to bottom.

Erotic - Super neon candy apple red with sparkling pink and copper glitter. I'm in love with this colour. Its so bright and unique. I can't wait to use this on a deeper skin tone.

Shop (Limited Edition) - Rusty coral in a Matte finish. It has quite a warm undertone. It almost reminds me of MAC Pro long wear eye shadow in Hot Paprika but in a matte version.  

Animal - bright neon coral with a subtle flash of gold. When I took a close up picture of animal, you could really see the gold reflects along the edges. Its such a pretty shade!

Cowboy - True pastel lavender in a Matte finish. I've been looking for a eye shadow like this for so long. Words cannot describe how pretty this shade is. I wore this all over my eye lid and really smoked it out into the crease. I also added this to my lower lash line and applied tones of mascara. That's all I did and it made my green eyes pop like crazy!


Daddy - Cool-toned vibrant violet in a Matte finish. I thought this was an unusual name to call an eye shadow. But then I read that it was named after there little pooch in their office. This shade would work perfectly with cow boy. 

Effect - A blackened teal in a Matte Finish. I have teal/mermaid hair at the moment so I thought this shade would be perfect to create a look with.

Game Facean intense penny copper shade with a liquid like ultra-metallic finish. This is a must have for any skin tone and eye colour. 

Play -  Yellow peach in a Matte Finish. This shade reminds me of Makeup Geek eye shadow in Peach smoothie. A great transition crease shade for lighter complexions. In MAC foundation i jump between a NC35 and NC37. This shade doesn't work well for me as a crease shade but its really nice for all over the eye lid. 

Desert - Warm saddle brown with a taupe satin finish. This is a really pretty shade to use in the crease. Its more so a medium golden brown shade. I found that the colour sheers out when you use a brush to apply it. If you re-apply a 2nd layer, the colour would definitely show up more. If you are a deeper skin tone this shade would not show up that well. I would get "bandit" instead.

Bandit - Warm rusty brown. This is definitely a favorite of mine! No matter what skin tone you are or what eye colour you have. You need this colour in your life. It would compliment absolutely anybody. I could wear this alone and it really makes my green eyes pop!

Roulette - True black in a Matte Finish. This black is so pigmented! I only done 1 swatch on my arm and boom! blackest black

Down Town Deep cool-toned taupe in a Matte finish. I would definitely class this as a true taupe shade. I never wear cool tone shades like this as I find more warmer tone shades make my green eyes pop. But you know me, I always like changing up my makeup.











These 5 shades were so hard to capture on camera. They still look stunning in the picture but I can tell you they look 10 times better in real life! 

Left-Right

I heart this - Cool tone silvery taupe with multi colored glitter
Get Lucky - Intense ultra metallic, liquid like true gold.
La La- Rose Gold (p.s this is darker than the shade amaze)
Amaze - Metallic Rose Gold
Lovely - Soft light gold with shimmering dimensional glitter (Best Seller)

I'm actually SO excited to play with all these eye shadows. So many different looks I can create. The other night I wore desert, bandit and roulette to create this black/brown smokey eye. My favorite eyeshadow combination especially to make my green eyes pop!

Thanks so much for reading!  xo don't forget to subscribe to my blog





SHARE:

No comments

© makeup with jah. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig