Monday 18 May 2015

Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24HR Foundation Review


Flawless Finish Perfectly Satin 24hr Foundation is the latest foundation from Elizabeth Arden. There are 10 shades available that cater for light,medium and deep skin tones.

I'm in the shade 09 beige, which is a shade too dark for me. I tend to go for a shade darker, because I love looking bronzed.

Longevity:

Its suppose to wear for 24 hours which is insane. Most long wearing foundations (i've tried) don't sit well on my dry skin. They tend to make my skin feel like the Sahara desert, surprisingly the Elizabeth Arden Foundation didn't.

It stayed in place for a good 10 hours. No face primer, no setting powder or setting spray! It did fade a little on my forehead and chin, but it didn't look patchy at all. I wore this foundation with Skindinavia's Moisture lock setting spray and boom! stayed in lock for a whopping 12-13 hours. I tend to "not" wear a face primer with long wearing foundations. Instead for my drier skin type, I heavily moisture using face oil and emulsion. This keeps my skin hydrated underneath the foundation.

Texture:

For a foundation that provides a flawless med/full coverage, it felt amazingly light. It made my skin look semi-matte and felt silky smooth like velvet.

Skin Type:

As I mentioned earlier, I do have dry/dehydrated skin. I found this foundation didn't cling to my drier areas, thanks to the Plankton Extract which helps to control sebum without drying the skin or clogging the pores. I often spray MAC's Fix+ Spray over the top, great tip for those with dry/dehydrated skin. If you have a oily skin type, this would be a great foundation for you to try especially.

Coverage:

The coverage is insane, its absolutely flawless! I'm sorry to say, but I do enjoy this foundation much more than my Estee Lauder Double-wear foundation. You can achieve a light, medium or super full coverage. It all depends on how many layers you apply and what brush you use to apply it with. For light coverage I use my damp beauty blender sponge, for a fuller coverage I use my flat top kabuki brush.

This foundation is now a ultimate favorite of mine ♡ Do you have any favorite products from Elizabeth Arden? Let me know in the comments.


SHARE:

No comments

© makeup with jah. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig