Monday 11 May 2015

First Impressions Review | Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation


What made me interested in this product was the name. Bobbi Browns Intensive Skin Serum Foundation. My skin type is combination/dry so you can see why I was so interested in trying this foundation.

The Intensive Skin Serum Foundation retails $105 NZD for a 30ml bottle. I must admit, I was shocked when I saw the retail price. You can't put a price on quality, so lets see if this foundation delivers.

Its claims to "see healthy, beautiful skin. Formulated with Lychee, Bamboo Grass and Cordyceps Mushroom extracts, this high-powered formula helps give skin the energy it needs to look fresher and younger. Super silky emulsion floats over skin’s surface for a flawless yet natural look–instantly and day after day."


When I first applied the foundation, I found the consistency to be thin but creamy. It felt amazingly light and silky.


It has a light-medium coverage. I applied the foundation using my Beauty blender sponge. It gave the most beautiful finish. It looked like a better version of my skin, natural and radiant. 

For more coverage, I found the best brush to use was my Flat top kabuki brush. You can build the coverage by adding 1-2 more layers.

It gave my skin an instant boost of moisture and radiance. It looked so natural, yet it gave enough coverage to make my skin look the best it could be "naturally." Its the perfect every day foundation with added SPF 25. 




After 2-3 hours (without a face primer) the foundation started to fade around my chin and my nose. At the end of a 7 hour working shift, my skin looked quite shiny and the foundation had separated in other areas.

The next day I decided to wear a face primer with the foundation. I can tell you it made a great difference. I still got a little shiny on the forehead, but the foundation stayed in place for a good 7 hours.

Because the foundation didn't stay in place that well on its own, I wasn't disappointed. The reason being is because the foundation gave me the moisture and radiance that my dry skin needed. Its easy to incorporate a face primer in to my routine.



Now lets talk about that slick black packaging, i'm in love. It feels so luxurious, i would like to own all shades just to put them on display ha!
.

The Intensive Skin Serum Foundation comes in a Dropper style bottle. At first I thought the idea was good, but then I found it difficult to suck the product up . I was let down by this feature, but lucky enough it has a big opening. This made it easy for me to tip the product out if needed.


The foundation has a aromatherapy scent, a little strong for my liking. The smell of plants and flowers are too strong for myself. How ever, I have friends who enjoy the scent. It really is a personal opinion.

Now the question is, Would I re-purchase this foundation?

The price is out of my budget. How ever, if I had the funds I would re-purchase this foundation in a heart beat. It really is a luxurious foundation and feels beautiful on my skin.

Who would I recommend this foundation to?

Those with dry/dehydrated skin and mature skin. It has the skincare benefits to moisturize your skin, leaving a healthy radiant glow. It really makes your skin look the best it could be "naturally." Its a beautiful every day foundation.

Bobbi Brown has just launched their first e-commerce site in New Zealand with Smith and Caugheys. You can browse the entire Bobbi Brown range at www.smithandcaugheys.co.nz
This is so exciting! Its so convenient for those who don't have time to go into store.

SHARE:

1 comment

SMITA said...

I have been using their foundation for quite a long time. I am obsessed with this and I am absolutely in love with this. I did professional makeup lesson by Lina Cameron as well, which helped me a lot to improve my skills. Getting a professional makeup lesson may help you to improve your skills too.

© makeup with jah. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig